Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Chapter 2 Response

Krystall Fasel
English 101
04/15/15

Chapter 2 Response
“Make a list of all the writing that you remember doing in the last week.”

                In the last week I have written in a number of genres.  In school I have been responding to the curriculum to which we are reading.  I have made table graphs at work.  In math I have taken very detailed notes for myself, to be able to better my chances of learning and absorbing the material. 

·         In English class: Responding and comparing with peers the book we are all reading. 
·         At Work:  I am in charge of file organization of employee files.  I made a detailed log to indicate what was in the file and what was missing.  Easy for the employees to read and respond to.
·         In Math:  Possibly one of the hardest.  Making notes for myself to remember exactly how I completed a problem.  In my math journal I wrote notes to ask for later so that I could continue working. 


        In comparing my writing to other students I find that I might be more open minded when it comes to others points of view.  The book to me was one point of view that I was asked to listen to and report on.  Others in the class disagreed with many of the things the book was teaching.  At work, I tried to keep my findings in the files limited to facts.  I wanted to get my point across to employees what was needed for legal reasons.  I was asked to do this from my boss so it was expected of me.   The notes I wrote in math were for me.  I wrote them so I could go back on them when presented with a problem that I needed help with.  Math is defiantly the hardest subject that I work with. 

Rhetorical Situation
Guidelines
·         Unique Constraints
·         Opportunities
·         Workplace Reports
·         Analyze Situation
·         Evaluate (Why)
·         Purpose
·         Organization
·         Sets a Tone
·         Audience (Relationship, Interest)
·         Purpose (Motivation, goal)
·         Stance (Objective)
·         Context (Personal Voice)


No comments:

Post a Comment