Thursday, April 16, 2015

Writing a Narrative

Krystall Fasel
English 101
04/16/15
Chapter 8

Writing a Narrative

Everyday narratives:
·         Every day my son comes home from school with stories about everything he remembers doing that day.  He has a crush on a girl in another class and he has a best friend.  Most of his stories are about his adventures with them.  He loves recess and science the most and tells me often about what the class did in relation to those topics.  I love his stories.
·         Reading on facebook about some of the things my friends are doing is another way that I find out what people are up to and how they are feeling and reacting to the world.  Sometimes it’s sad and sometimes it’s very happy.  I read and respond accordingly.
·         I have a book at home that was written by the last photographer to do a photo shoot with Marilyn Monroe.  He tells a story about her life and also includes much of her own writing from journals and interviews.  I find it very powerful and very much enjoy reading it.   
·         Listening to music sometimes calms me when I’m upset or fretting about things.  I have very high anxiety so calming myself is not always easy.  I find listening to Jack Johnson always helps.  He sings about love, the sunshine, letting go and getting away.  The sunshine is very important to me.  If I have the choice I always choose outside time.  Jack seems to feel that way too.

“Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together.”
Marilyn Monroe

“I know she loves the sunrise
No longer sees it with her sleeping eyes
And I know that when she said she's gonna try
Well it might not work because of other ties and
I know she usually has some other ties
And I wouldn't want to break 'em, nah, I wouldn't want to break 'em
Maybe she'll help me to untie this but
Until then well, I'm gonna have to lie too”
Jack Johnson ‘Flake’




It Gets Better Project

itgestbetter.org

After reading some stories from the people on this website, I find the most powerful ones come from the elderly people.  They lived through a time that did not have LGBT support systems.  For the most part they lied to themselves and lied to others just to survive.  Just now are these people finally realizing who they are and who they want to be.  Still it is not easy for other countries to except all people, just as in some states in this country it is still dangerous to be whomever you choose to be.  I feel for these people and these kids.  I personally support all peoples rights to make their own choice.  I am no one to judge.


No comments:

Post a Comment